Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
- Prof. Mukul Pandharpurkar, Chairman (EDC), TPO
- Prof. Krunal Patil (HOD, Mechanical Diploma)
- Prof. Hari Prasad Mal (Computer Engineering)
- Prof. Bhavesh Shah (Computer Engineering)
- Prof. Jitendra Satpute (Mechanical Engineering)
- Prof. Shreyas Satpute (Civil Engineering)
- Prof. Anil Swami (TPO coordinator)
The meeting was held under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) H. G. Phakatkar, Principal (SRTTC, FoE). Vision, Mission, Objectives and the functions were discussed and finalized.
To be a well-recognized center of excellence for entrepreneurship development based in an institution of quality learning.
To stimulate, nurture and cultivate entrepreneurial abilities in Science and Technology, accelerate the business acumen. Create leading technocrats and entrepreneurs, motivated, ethical and dynamic business leaders to create wealth and employment.
Functions of EDC:
To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspect of enterprise building to budding entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Institution and promote programmes related to women and weaker sections of the society.
- To foster better linkages between the Institution, Industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations.
- To catalyze and promote development of knowledge-based enterprises and promote employment opportunities in the innovative areas.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and micro enterprises.
Minutes of Meeting of EDP Held on 16th November, 2017
- To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Faculty Development Programmes in the region for the benefit of engineering students.
- To develop and introduce curriculum on Entrepreneurship Development at various levels of Under Graduate courses of Engineering in the Institute.
- To conduct research work and survey for identifying entrepreneurial opportunities in engineering colleges.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- To organize guest lectures, Seminars, etc. for promotion and growth entrepreneurship.
- To arrange visits to industries for prospective entrepreneurs.
- To extend necessary guidance and escort services to the trainees in obtaining approval and execution of their projects.
- To render advice to sick enterprises and assist the entrepreneurs in rehabilitating them.
- To conduct skill development training programmes leading to self/wage employment.